Skip to main content

I felt proud that day

 

        No, it was not about me achieving something. It is not about falling in love. It was a typical underdog moment. People won’t remember me winning that but even now when I remember that moment, I feel proud of myself. I fought with a guy.

        It was my first year in my undergraduate and hostel life as well. I have a nerd look; spectacles, a lean physique and nearly 6 feet taller. Honestly speaking, I have a physique with no fat. I tend to receive a lot of ridicule from the people around me and it was never easy to face that and not ponder about that. But it was never possible to break that. The best I can do is to show my contempt. Yeah, that’s what I did on that day.

        It was past 10 at night. I was half asleep. There was a guy, the Bully, who never understood the feeling of getting bullied. He was thrice the size of mine. He got a weird idea of irritating me on that particular night. He turned on his torch in his mobile phone and pointed it towards my eyes. In fact, he later justified that he was checking on me whether I slept or not. What’s there to check. Why are people not trying to understand other people’s feelings? I woke up but still tried to get to sleep by pretending to be still asleep. His torching light directed towards my eyes never ceased. I decided that its time. I woke up suddenly to his surprise, plucked his torch light cum mobile from his hand and threw it towards the edge of the room. Yassss, that’s the moment I was talking about. The moment I was proud of even now. I love that moment because I stood before someone whose arm is thicker than my thigh.

        The mobile phone splashed open. The Bully was shocked and immediately tried to push me. Luckily the other guys in the room controlled him otherwise against his might, I would have got hurt badly. I still visualize that moment: he was held by 5 guys whereas I was held by a single guy. It’s a funny as well as a proud moment to think about. And the next day he begged for money to repair his broken mobile. Out of pity, I gave him some money and I felt mightier than him. And for the remainder of my college life, he never made fun of me or provoked me. End.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was and I am a good guy.

 It was memorable  seeing her again. The way her teeth glitters when she smiled, the way she utters my name, the way she takes interest in my life while holding her child her arm. The Child, he looked  just like her. But all I gazed was her eyes. They were sparkling.  They were honest  unlike mine. It was difficult  to not be able to express what I felt. Man, I loved her. Wish I could have expressed it to her when she was still Vulnerable and Unmarried. Would I have not been a ahole  If had used her Vulnerability? Guess I was not. I was and I am  A good guy.

I did not board the train

I did not board the train. I assumed, the train waited for me To get aboard. I was not sure. I was not sure whether  It is the destined train for me.  I should have boarded. But what if it turns out To be the wrong train. That's my thought. I liked the train everytime It passed in front of me. Other days I liked the sound it makes And the way it runs. But I was not sure to get aboard That day. I was not sure whether this  Is the right one. Maybe I should have boarded  That train. But now I'm waiting for  For the perfect train. Or I wish it to be perfect. How should I know  It is perfect?

She left

  Once upon a time, I saw her in my path, Which was her path too. We met, we talked, It was like we both have fallen And I wish that we both Should have fallen at once. I never fell or I was too steady To fall unlike her. Then when I fell, she neither Fell nor was steady to lift me up. Rather she waited for me To fall more deep or she was not Ready to pull me up, I’ll never know. When she readied herself To pull me up. Still she was not sure. Whether pulling me up is a Gute idea. But I wanted her to not pull me up. I wanted her to leave. To finally feel at peace. She left happily, I think. Somehow I got myself up To see her back on me. Yeah, she left and she was happy.